Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome all Pokemon fans! In this site you may create your own trainer. Become the best of the best, or join one of the many organizations.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Player... joining?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notorious
Team Silver Spark Leader

New Player... joining? Empty
PostSubject: New Player... joining?   New Player... joining? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Hiya - Smile

I'm new. Very new. I was a Pokemon fan when I was a kid (I saw the first movie in theaters when I was 13 Shocked) , and recently I got back into it because I was doing research on it. After revisiting it, I realized I'd forgotten how much fun it was, hah. Anyway, since I've been doing story-telling roleplaying for a loooong time with Star Wars and Heroes (www.sw-e.com) I decided to try my hand at some Pokemon roleplaying. I wandered around the internet for a while and this place seemed like the most friendly. So I'm super new, and actually pretty confused.

I'm accustomed to story-telling style roleplaying, which doesn't involve hit points or admins. Posts are mostly driven by imagery, dialogue, and most importantly - character interaction. Naturally, I don't mind trying something new, but I'm gonna need some help cause I'm a big newb to this style you guys have!

My knowledge of Pokemon is old school, though I'm trying to catch up... slowly. I've watched the whole first season and I'm working on the second season. Just got done with watching Ash return to Pallet after winning a few rounds at the Indigo Plateau Pokemon League games. I played the game Fire red, and I'm still working my way through Leaf Green. So I'm pretty familiar with the Kanto region. But I don't know anything about the more recent stuff - something about Lugario, and mirror worlds, and shadow regions... I have no idea. I haven't even gotten to the orange islands yet!

Anyway - this looks like a lot of fun and I'd like to join in. But I'm gonna be pretty newbish for a while here. Do you guys go on any adventures? What I've always wanted to RP is getting a pokemon, leaving Pallet, and going on a Pokemon journey with another person, or two, and basically having adventures similar to the series. Maybe less epic, but adventures none the less. Camping, battling, helping travelers, seeing sights, looking at stars, stories around the campfire, swimming by water falls, catching fire flies, wandering through forests, trudging through snow, climbing over mountains, you know - adventure! I'm a 22 year old with romantic visions of traveling the world after I graduate, so I've got itchy feet and an itchy mind bounce

Anyway - I'm a huge advocate for story and not very interested in "power," so you can expect me to want to write, write, write, even if I lose all the time. I don't want to be a clone copy of Ash, don't worry - but I certainly don't mind being the underdog! Well, here's my first attempt at a new character. Anybody have any helpful information for me? (Sorry about being long-winded, I'm a writer)

Name: Damien Jackson

Description: Damien is tall for his age - meaning the girls don't tower over him. He has straight, medium length brown hair that comes down to his chin. Damien is in good shape, lean and thin, with bright brown eyes and thick eyebrows. He has a squared jaw, like his father, and a modest chin - as in not like super-man, but like a young Orlando Bloom.

Hometown: Celadon City (Moved to Pallet!)

History: Damien grew up as a sheltered child in Celadon. His parents were concerned about the activities of Team Rocket and varying levels of crime and gambling, so they often kept him under their protective wing. When he turned ten he did not go on the iconic Pokemon journey - neither of his parents were trainers and it wasn't their custom. Damien had an understanding of Pokemon, but he didn't actually see them all that often in Celadon. It wasn't until they moved to the quiet town of Pallet that he was immersed in that world. After being robbed by some members of Team Rocket, Damien's parents finally decided it was time to take their son some place safe for his adolescence - after all, they didn't want him joining any gangs!

Damien found himself in a new place very different from the city. Due to the constant lecturing of "no talking to strangers," and sometimes even "don't go outside," Damien wasn't exactly quick to make friends. However, the young boy found himself fascinated with Pokemon. Damien was in a whole new world, learning about the creatures that lived alongside humans, about the years of research done on them, about trainers & masters, about the Pokemon league, and about a laboratory up the hill run by a "Professor Oak." Damien had yet to meet a real trainer, but there were a few outgoing bug catchers who lived by him that informed him that at age 10, kids in Pallet would go out on their own to see if they had what it would take to become Pokemon trainers... or even a master.

Damien was 11 when he found this out, and although the idea scared the life out of him, there was a sense of longing to be a part of something bigger - to be a Pokemon master! He had already missed so much, and despite his fear, Damien wanted to break free of his parents' protection for once and fly on his own. For a year, Damien begged his parents to let him go. They did not approve of Pokemon trainers, but soon they saw their son was passionate about going on this journey. On the morning of Damien's 12th birthday, his parents finally relented. Mister & Misses Jackson told their son, "Go ahead and see Professor Oak."

Having no idea what Professor Oak would actually have to tell him, Damien strapped on his shoes and walked to the old man's lab to learn about how to begin his adventure. Sure, he was two years behind, but perhaps two years more determined.

Personality: Damien is shy - he doesn't like to talk to strangers. It takes him a while to make friends & trust people, but when he does it's a great loyalty that lasts. Until that point, Damien is pretty suspicious and quick to question things. Damien is investigative. He likes to learn and has a ton of curiosity in him. Damien is not a particularly brave person, but he stands up when necessary. He has a lot of fear, and it takes a great deal of self-control for him to overcome obstacles. Sometimes Damien is self-conscious. He is not a very confident kid. Most of all, Damien loves Pokemon, and he's dying to see the world away from his parents.
Back to top Go down
Lazerus
Admin
Admin
Lazerus

PostSubject: Re: New Player... joining?   New Player... joining? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Don't worry we don't focus much on the hit points and that and its alright to be new at something. I am a big pokemon fan and still have some fascination for it. I've played the following: Red, Crystal, Ruby, & Sapphire and I've watched all of the seasons with an exception for a few and most ofthe movies didn't much like anything past the fourth movie. That was when it started getting boring and a little stupid in my mind. Also don't worry I'm a little old fashion myself the most I get out of is with the ruby and sapphire pokemon anything after that I don't know anything about! lol

I hope you have fun RPing and will get used to it don't worry about the adventures you mostly go on your own adventures pertaining to a normal trainer and right now the owner and designer hasn't put anything past the Kanto region up board wise. So have fun

[size=32]
ACCEPTED
[/size]
Back to top Go down
http://magicoftherealms.proboards.com/index.cgi
ironman23
Team Silver Spark Leader

PostSubject: ill take it   New Player... joining? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 am

Lazerus wrote:
Don't worry we don't focus much on the hit points and that and its alright to be new at something. I am a big pokemon fan and still have some fascination for it. I've played the following: Red, Crystal, Ruby, & Sapphire and I've watched all of the seasons with an exception for a few and most ofthe movies didn't much like anything past the fourth movie. That was when it started getting boring and a little stupid in my mind. Also don't worry I'm a little old fashion myself the most I get out of is with the ruby and sapphire pokemon anything after that I don't know anything about! lol

I hope you have fun RPing and will get used to it don't worry about the adventures you mostly go on your own adventures pertaining to a normal trainer and right now the owner and designer hasn't put anything past the Kanto region up board wise. So have fun

[size=32]
ACCEPTED
[/size]
Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player... joining?   New Player... joining? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player... joining?
Page 1 of 1