Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome all Pokemon fans! In this site you may create your own trainer. Become the best of the best, or join one of the many organizations.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cooltrainer Sam
Team Silver Spark Leader
Cooltrainer Sam

Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:14 am

It was barely dawn as Sam approached a clearing in the woods, and the moonlight left an eerie glow all throughout the forest. With the flat terrain and pristine air, this would be a perfect spot for training, which was why Sam woke up so early before other trainers took this strategic position.

"Alright, Bronzor," began Sam with a yawn, as he fumbled to unlatch his sole Pokeball from his belt. Throwing it down, he watched his familiar bronze Pokemon emerge in a flash of red light, and continued what he was saying. "The first GYM Leader we'll be facing is Brock. He specializes in rock-type Pokemon, but your dual-Psychic abilities should work out well to defeat him. I just need to get you in fighting shape first."

Sam eyed the dark clearing glumly as he scavenged for some sort of dummy for Bronzor to use his attacks on. Perhaps a fallen log or a bug Pokemon. However, in little time, he spotted a lone log, about 5-feet long, in the middle of the clearing. "Perfect," he thought deeply to himself.

"Bronzor, let's start with the basics. Use your tackle manuever to take down this log. Try your best to break it in half, if you can" commanded Sam in a calm tone as he stood the log up on its ends, and then stepped back to watch Bronzor's technique.
Back to top Go down
GoldenArceus
Admin
Admin
GoldenArceus

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:15 am

Your pokemon quickly starts its training, after awhile of doing so it manages to break the log and gaining a level.
Back to top Go down
https://arceuspkmnrpg.rpg-board.net
Cooltrainer Sam
Team Silver Spark Leader
Cooltrainer Sam

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:33 am

"Hey, good job Bronzor!" shouted Sam encouragingly, as he knelt down to briefly pet his Pokemon. It had taken Bronzor longer to break the log than he had at first wanted, but Sam realized he shouldn't have held his expectations so high for their first training.

Sam took out a thick textbook from his bag, with the words "The Anthology of Steel Pokemon" written on the cover in bold, silver print. Sam quickly flipped to the middle, which was book marked, to find a 5 page chapter on Bronzor. "It's a shame he won't evolve for so long. In his current state, his special attack may not even be enough to hardly scratch Brock. I suppose I'll have to catch another Pokemon to provide support," thought Sam as he read the print intentedly.

"Okay, Bronzor, listen up. Since Brock is a rock-type trainer, we're going to mainly need to train up your Psychic abilities for now. Let's wait around a little while to see if a Pokemon, like a weedle or something, shows up, and use your Confusion against it. I know this will be your first Pokemon battle, but don't be scared. Give it your all and there's no chance you can lose."

Sam knew that this may not entirely be correct. Bronzor was strong for his level, but it would be tough to gauge the stregnth of the wild Pokemon that showed up to battle. Sam kept Bronzor's Pokeball on hand incase the battle didn't go so well...
Back to top Go down
GoldenArceus
Admin
Admin
GoldenArceus

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:39 am

You both wait patiently and after awhile a HootHoot appears.
Back to top Go down
Cooltrainer Sam
Team Silver Spark Leader
Cooltrainer Sam

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:53 am

"Yes! I spotted something up there. That is...yeah, that's a Hoothoot." shouted Sam with his finger pointed at the round Pokemon flying directly for them. Sam quickly turned back to make sure Bronzor was ready, and found his only Pokemon sprawled lazily across the grass with its eyes closed.

"Gah, come on Bronzor! This is embarrassing, I can't believe you fell asleep." said Sam as he kicked his Pokemon lightly, who immediately got up a bit groggily. Sam couldn't quite blame his Pokemon, though. They had gotten up so early and he himself was pretty tired. But to be the best trainer, he knew that both of them would have to put forth their best effort, even if sleep would have to wait. There was no easy path to beat Brock, let alone the Elite 4.

"Bronzor, now use Confusion against the Hoothott. This battle shouldn't be too hard if we work together." commanded Sam as the Hoothoot flew in range for both of them to attack. This wasn't quite what Sam was expecting. A caterpie or wurmple would have been one thing, but Sam had no idea how strong this Hoothoot would be. He supposed it'd be best for both Pokemon to get their attacks in, and see who seemed to have the upperhand.

"I'll need to buy some Pokeballs too. A Hoothoot wouldn't do that much for my party, but it'd be a shame if something like a Beldum appeared, and I wouldn't be able to catch it," thought Sam to himself, but quickly focused his mind back on the battle.

[OOC: Do we start off with 3,000 Pokedollars like in the game, or is it 0? Thanks for helping me out.]
Back to top Go down
GoldenArceus
Admin
Admin
GoldenArceus

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:55 am

OCC: Its 5,000 here.

The attack hits and the HootHoot couters with its own confusion.
Back to top Go down
Cooltrainer Sam
Team Silver Spark Leader
Cooltrainer Sam

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:04 am

Sam grimmaced as he watched Bronzor get hit by Hoothoot's attack, but took solace in the fact that at least it was a Psychic attack, which Steel-Pokemon were resistent to. And with Bronzor's high Special Defense, it didn't look like he took all that much damage.

Hoothoot, on the other hand, appeared pretty shaken up from Bronzor's attack. Even if both Pokemon continued to take blows like that, it was evident to Sam that Bronzor could sustain the damage better, and end up winning in the end.

"Hm, impressive. I suppose it is infact Bronzor who has the upperhand here. I guess there's nothing to worry about anymore," thought Sam with a smile as he attached Bronzor's Pokeball back on his belt. "Good attack, Bronzor! Keep trying your hardest and hitting him like that, and you'll win this. Use another Confusion," shouted Sam encouragingly, as he continued watching to see if things would go just as well now as they had before.
Back to top Go down
GoldenArceus
Admin
Admin
GoldenArceus

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:09 am

Bronzor uses another confusion, hitting the bird pokemon again, who uses peck after recieving more damage.
Back to top Go down
Cooltrainer Sam
Team Silver Spark Leader
Cooltrainer Sam

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:00 am

"Good, another hit," thought Sam as he once again pulled open his book, this time to the front which detailed the steel-species in general. "The Hoothoot used peck, but if I'm not mistaken--yes, there it is! Steel is resistent to Flying type attacks too."

Bronzor was doing very well in this fight, thanks mainly in part to his type advantage. It was obvious that Hoothoot's moveset was not very effective against him, and with his high Defense and Special Defense, this battle was practically his. Even though his attack was low, as long as he continued to deal more damage to Hoothoot than the bird was dealing to him, he'd eventually become the victor of his first spar.

"After this, I think training should be over for today. Everything went pretty good for the first time. Tomorrow, I suppose I ought to get me a new Pokemoon, but what would be the best addition to my party?"

As Sam continued to ponder this, he didn't seem to notice that finally dawn had fully become daybreak, and a crack of sunlight emerged from the thick clouds to eluminate the clearing in a soft, yellow glow. Sam had many things planned for the day, so hopefully training wouldn't take him too much longer.
Back to top Go down
GoldenArceus
Admin
Admin
GoldenArceus

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:04 am

Bronzor uses another confusion and KO's the pokemon. He gains another level.
Back to top Go down
Cooltrainer Sam
Team Silver Spark Leader
Cooltrainer Sam

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:10 am

"Yeah! Nice hit, Bronzor. I think the Hoothoot's knocked out," said Sam as he rushed over and gave the ecstatic Bronzor a pat on the back. Their first Pokemon battle had gone great, and even though he predicted the outcome from almost the beginning, even Sam was feeling a bit excited at this victory.

Sam returned Bronzor to its Pokeball, making sure to remember to get him a treat while he went out to purchase a couple of Pokeballs. As Sam made his way out of the forest, he noticed some Pokemon trainers just arriving to train. It wasn't easy, but waking up early to beat the crowd had definately helped their training. Or as they say, the early bird always gets the worm.

[OOC: Done with the thread, thanks for helping out with this.]
Back to top Go down
GoldenArceus
Admin
Admin
GoldenArceus

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:14 am

OCC: No problem

POST CLOSED!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)   Training for the first GYM (CLOSED) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training for the first GYM (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 1